Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Remixes (and how they effect my life)

So, I listen to a lot of music.  Not your traditional "a lot", but seriously, a ton of music.  I listen to music while I'm delivering pizza at work, while I'm showering, while I'm doing homework, while I'm falling asleep, and even right now.  My collection is growing almost daily, and on all formats.  But I digress.

I listen to a bunch of weird "electronic" music.  Not any particular genre, just stuff made with synthesizers and computers.  This inevitably leads to listening to remixes of said music.  I mean, I've listened to LCD Soundsystem's "Sound of Silver" album enough times to know nearly all of the words, and yet I feel compelled to then listen to "Sounds like Silver", a completely remixed version of the album.  I love subtle changes to songs, moving verses around and changing key signatures and stuff.  I really enjoy listening to songs that I love, and then hearing other artists' interpretations of those songs.  Hot Chip covering Sexual Healing?  Sounds awesome to me.  Just some random thoughts, enjoy.

I'm currently listening to "We died, they remixed", a re-imagining of Architecture in Helsinki's album "In Case We Die".

No comments:

Post a Comment