Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer update

It's been awhile since I updated this blog, as I've been busy getting my priorities straight and settling in to my new pad in Madison.  I have a few random thoughts to post here, just to clear my mind.

-I'm taking a break from face-to-face selling of anything.  I've had nightmare experiences at the swap meet (see my previous posts), and I just tried selling a motorcycle on craigslist, something I've done many times in the past.  This time, everybody was a tire kicker, and when someone finally bought it, it broke immediately and they demanded their money back.  So, I'm done.  At least for now.

-Job hunting in Madison is almost a chore, but still easier than the more rural areas of Wisconsin.  After a short stint at Milio's as a delivery driver, I was hired over at Burrito Drive, again as a delivery driver.  Milio's was a soul-sucking, corporate machine designed simply to crank out sandwiches at an acceptable rate.  The quality wasn't great, and the GM was kind of a single-minded jerk.  I feel like I made the right decision.

-I'm facing some strange ideological questions as of late.  When I start a new job, I get the same line of questioning from everyone;  where are you from, why did you move here, etc.  I'm finding it harder and harder to explain why I moved to Madison, and why I want to be a delivery driver.  Now that you're here and you have a job, what now?  It's a question I had not really considered, ever.  So, I guess it's decision time.

That sums it up for me right now, I think.  I don't have any cool stories or rants at the moment, but as soon as something comes up, I'll be back to share/vent.  I'll leave a picture of my truck without fenders or doors, for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment